She began her career as a telenovela soap star eventually making it big in the Hollywood film industry. She is also an outspoken advocate for increasing awareness about violence against women.
Who is she?
– Born in Mexico in 1966, in Coatzacoalcos, Veracruz, Mexico, Salma Hayek dropped out of university to become an actress, eventually becoming a telenovela star.
– In 1991, the ambitious Hayek moved to Los Angeles, California. After small gigs, she landed her big break with a role in Robert Rodriguez’s Desperado.
– The success of the film garnered her more work and she eventually started her own production company, Ventanarosa.
– She landed her dream role in 2002’s Frida, which she both produced and starred. The film was nominated for six Academy Awards, including a best actress nomination for Hayek—making her the first Latin actress to be nominated in that category.
– Large-scale projects followed the success of Frida, including directing The Maldonado Miracle, starring in Once Upon a Time in Mexico, and appearing in After the Sunset.
– Hayek went on to serve as executive producer of the hit television series Ugly Betty. The series garnered numerous awards including a Golden Globe win (best comedy).
– She continued to demonstrate her range and talent starring in more comedy, action, and voice-over work over the years.
– Hayek started the Salma Hayek Foundation, in efforts to be the voice for women’s rights, speaking on violence against women, discrimination against immigrants, as well as various children’s health and related issues.
– She was named as one of the 25 Most Influential Hispanics in 2005 by the Time Magazine.
– The actress became a naturalized U.S. citizen in 2013.
Feeling inspired? Then make the move to the United States… the EB5 visa is the best option if you want to live there permanently.
Message us on WhatsApp +1(224) 650-4020 or click on this link (https://ellisisland.capital/chat/).
We will guide you through the requirements and help with your entire EB-5 Visa application process.