Sanjay Mehrotra served as Sandisk’s president and CEO from 2011 until its acquisition in 2016 by Western Digital. Under his leadership SanDisk’s annual revenue peaked at $6.6 billion and the company sold for $16 billion in 2016 to Western Digital. He migrated from India to complete his studies and since then has changed how we use technology.
He is currently president and chief executive officer at Micron Technology.
Who is he?
– He grew up in India until he was 18 years old. His father had the dream of sending him to the US for his undergraduate education. “I came from a lower middle-class family there, but he certainly dreamt big!”
– He applied to come to the US after finishing college in India and got admission to UC Berkeley. He was not yet 18.
– Mehrotra studied computer science and electrical engineering at Berkeley, eventually completing his master’s degree.
– Prior to SanDisk, Mr. Mehrotra held design engineering positions at Integrated Device Technology, Inc., SEEQ Technology and Intel Corporation.
– Mr. Mehrotra earned both bachelor’s and master’s degrees in electrical engineering and computer science from the University of California, Berkeley and is a graduate of the Stanford Graduate School of Business Executive Program (SEP).
– Mehrotra holds more than 70 patents and has published articles in the area of non-volatile memory design and flash memory systems.
– Mehrotra has received the following awards and honors:
– Mehrotra was honored by the American India Foundation for “personal philanthropic efforts and for leading SanDisk’s programs to advance educational opportunities for young people from disadvantaged backgrounds, March 21, 2015.
– Distinguished Lifetime Achievement Award from the Chinese Institute of Engineers USA at the 13th annual Asian American Engineer of the Year Award ceremony March 1, 2014.
– CEO of the Year from the Entrepreneur’s Foundation of Silicon Valley in recognition of his leadership in advancing SanDisk’s community service activities, December 10, 2013.
– Distinguished Alumni Award in Electrical Engineering from the University of California, Berkeley, 2013.
– IEEE Reynold B. Johnson Data Storage Device Technology Award (with SanDisk co-founders Ei Harari and Jack Yuan) for “leadership in the development and commercialization of Flash electrically erasable programmable read-only memory-based data storage products,” 2006.
Feeling inspired? Want to move to the U.S?
Want to make the US your home? Then we can help!
Message us on WhatsApp +1(224) 650-4020 or click on this link (https://ellisisland.capital/chat/). We will guide you through the requirements and help with your entire EB-5 Visa application process.
So message us today.