When immigrants come to the country, they help the country in many ways. The truth is that without immigrants, the company would be weaker and the economy would suffer.
Case in point, these ten ways that immigrants help strengthen the economy of the United States.
- Immigrants will start businesses. Immigrants are actually 30 per cent more likely to start a business in the United States. A total of 18 per cent of all small businesses owners are actually immigrants.
- Immigrants will create jobs for American workers, to the tune of 4.7 million people and generating $776 billion.
- Immigrants are more likely to create their own jobs. About 7.5 per cent of immigrants are self-employed, which is higher than for native citizens.
- Immigrants create cutting-edge technologies like Google, eBay and Yahoo.
- Immigrants are more likely to be scientists, engineers and create innovative solutions.
- Immigrants boost the earnings of American workers. Between 1990 and 2004, increased immigration resulted in a pay increase of one per cent.
- Immigrants boost the demand for local goods to the amount of $1.5 trillion.
- Immigrants help to reduce the national deficit, estimated to be $2.2 billion over ten years.
- Immigration reform can create new jobs, as much as 900,000 over the course of three years.
- Immigrants increase the GDP of the United States. It is estimated that between 2012 and 2016, immigrants increased the GDP of the country by .8 to 1.3 per cent.